Wednesday, October 8, 2014

random thoughts

I cannot really go on with my posts about the grieving process because I honestly don't know where I am. Somewhere between several of the steps depending on the day! I have made it almost 3 weeks without missing a day of work, so that makes me very happy. Some days are better than others right now, but without the horrible stomach issues, I feel like a new woman.

Here's what is going on in our lives.......

a whole lotta nothing!

That's right folks, even our family has times that are boring and we are grateful. Now, what I call "boring" and you call boring might look like two different things. Like getting two phone calls on the same night at the same time from two different families that their loved ones might be dying. That just throws us into go mode, but we are use to it! Neither died, btw, thankfully!

Steve bought his Christmas present early....a gun. I haven't seen it much less touched it, and that is fine with me. I would never tell a person they couldn't have a gun (a law-abiding citizen anyway), but that doesn't mean I like 'em. I don't. However, I do understand the need to feel secure, and our place is crime-ridden. We haven't ever been hit, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. So, as long as I don't have to deal with it, it's fine. Still creeps me out, though.

Stevie is thriving at school. Loves her classes and what she is doing. I am so proud of her, my heart just bursts when she talks about how much she loves it.

Luke is Luke. We get no more information out of him than we did when he lived here.....haha! Boys: they are NOT forthcoming with tidbits to ease the mind of the momma. I think he really likes being at school.

Empty-nesting? It's GREAT! Everyone should try it. We eat what we want when we want and we go to bed without having to wait up for someone. Y'all said I would like it, and I have to admit that I do!

That's about it. I have an appointment in Charleston at MUSC on the 21st. I think I will hear more of the same, at least I hope nothing is worse. If they tell me something better than the news I keep hearing, we'll thank God  and give Him all the glory. Either way, may our actions speak louder than our words (bc I know I've been complaining!) so that ALL will know God's got this!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. Yes being an empty nester has its advantages, except I worry more about April since she's grown than I did when she was living at home. And her being in Japan worries me to death.

    ReplyDelete