Tuesday, August 18, 2015

No quiet or rest

Let me tell you...there has been no rest and no quiet around here since my last post. Every kid has had something major going on, Steve has been finishing up his final doctoral class, I have been traveling and/or sick, and the list goes on and on. I'm beginning to think I should have stayed in Pattyville (my old blog) where I at least expected the drama! LOL

People have asked me how the wedding planning is going. Well, it's almost here so planned or not it's gonna happen. Helping Shea plan has not been the happy go lucky experience I had hoped. It has been stressful and expensive! I'm thrilled that Shea found "the one" and that she is blissfully in love. I'm happy that Steve and I have been able to provide most of her wants for her special day. I know it's going to be a fun-filled day that will pass by too fast, but I can't say I'll be sad to see it go......of course, it helps that I leave on a cruise the next day! Yes. I'm letting Steve come too.

Stevie has been super duper busy with school and in the midst of all of that, someone she thinks a lot of was diagnosed with breast cancer. That hit her incredibly hard, and she is still reeling from it, I think. She doesn't share much about her inner feelings so for her to say something at all means she is hurting, and that is heartbreaking. However, it also makes me so proud of the way she loves people whole-heartedly.

I cannot begin to discuss the adventures of Luke which have caused at least one ulcer. That is a blog post unto itself, and it will probably never happen...I can't relive it :)

Steve is D.O.N.E.  No more classes! He only has to finish up his dissertation and defend it before he graduates in May. It's been a long ride with many people to thank for their encouragement and support along the way. That's a blog post I know he looks forward to writing.

School started back today in Kershaw County where I worked for the last five years. I thought I would be sad or depressed, but surprisingly, I've decided not working is not so bad. Those who know me understand that statement. I've had a hard time letting go, but on to the next phase of my life. I'm not quite sure where that phase is leading right now (currently to Netflix!), but when I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know.

There have been many other adventures this summer, and I'm glad to see that fall is right around the corner. I'm ready for cooler weather, FOOTBALL, leaves changing, and the coming of the holidays. My life is changing as I enter a new season. I hope to embrace it and make the most of every day. I also hope for a little more "quiet rest"!


No comments:

Post a Comment