Saturday, September 27, 2014

part 2

In late May, my GI doctor ordered an endoscopy to check for a condition called variscies. This is when the pressure from somewhere in the liver builds up and causes blood vessels to burst. They measure this from 0-4. My doc thought I would be close to a 4 considering the condition of my liver, but I was a 0. No bleeding. Happy day for me. At that point, he scheduled the dreaded liver biopsy which I had the last week of June. I had to wait FOREVER to get the results!

When I finally returned to my doc, he explained the results in terms of a war. There is a war going on in my liver. It is at a 2....the fighting is not too bad, but the collateral damage is very bad at a 4. At this point he "guessed" that I have autoimmune hepatitis. That is still unclear. He also referred me to MUSC transplant center. (and I'm going Oct. 21)

A week of so later, my stomach started hurting. I couldn't eat and the pain was radiating to my back. I tried to just get over it, but after 5 days of excruciating pain, I finally got up early and told Steve to take me to the ER. There, I learned that I had pancreatitis. Disgusting......I truly wouldn't wish that on anyone. I was in the hospital about 4 days, and my stomach really hasn't been the same since.

I did have about 2 weeks between the hospital and starting the school year that I felt good. I had energy, and was able to do some things with Stevie and Luke before they left. The first day of school, however, I got sick. Since then, I have suffered with all things associated with a stomach bug. I have been to the doc several time to no avail, and missed about 7 days of work already because of it. It's very depressing because I never know when it will hit....like today. I had a great week at school, and felt good all week. Today, bam-yow!

I want to give the best of me to my family, not the leftovers. With that being said, I have to have insurance so I go to work. Not that I don't love my job, I do, but sometimes I resent the position I am in.

I keep reminding myself that God knows my needs, and when the time is right, He will meet them. For know, I pray that He gives me strength and energy to work. Things are not simple right now, but seriously, we are the Leighs.....have things ever been simple for us? NO!

So, in a nutshell, that is where we stand today. Next up? The 5 stages of grief.

1 comment:

  1. Patty, how amazingly strong you are, I'm afraid in the same circumstances I'd just roll up in a ball and cry, often.

    ReplyDelete