Thursday, September 18, 2014

the beginning

I would just skip this post if you've heard this story a thousand times like I've told it! Back in Feb., I decided it was time for me to make a serious change in my lifestyle. I'd committed to it before, but this time I knew that it was getting serious. I could not walk from the library at my school to the office without being out of breath. So, I caved and joined Weight Watchers for the 1,579th time (only a slight exaggeration!).

I was on point. It didn't matter where we were or what we were doing, I followed the plan. I. DID. NOT. CHEAT. The results were evident on the scale, and I was thrilled. Until, around mid-March I gained one week. Okay, I thought, that happens. I can deal with this, but the next week, I gained 9 pounds. That made 13 pounds in 2 weeks. Who does that? So, I went to the dr.

I really thought he was going to blow me off, but he ordered an ultrasound and lo and behold, that was fluid in my gut! A LOT of fluid. He referred me to a GI doctor, and it was there we learned that my liver was not in good shape. It still seems surreal to me. There's more to this story to include the summer (this really is through May), but I'm not gonna bore  you anymore today with it.

I do want to leave you with a little gem that my boy tweeted a couple of days ago:

But in the arms of your mercy I find rest.

Yes, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment